1. International Cooperation
TNI has cooperation agreements with universities in Japan, ASEAN and Japanese Organizations with the objective of sharing knowledge and resources. The collaborations are also carried out through various academic exchange programs, joint research, joint seminars/symposiums/trainings etc. The aim is to strengthen productive relationships with partner universities in order to enhance the quality of education through acquisition of relevant knowledge, equipping students with a well-rounded experience in global terms and help with proactive learning.
2. Student Exchange Program
The exchange program is a reciprocal program between TNI and partner universities for students from each institution to experience learning at host universities and participate in subject classes or research labs over long- or short-term periods.
2.1 Exchange Programs with partner universities in Japan
(1) Short-term Exchange Programs
- Short-term language courses in Japan and ASEAN countries. These programs enable TNI’s students to learn, develop, and train their Japanese and English language skill. Scholarship is available to support students in some of the programs.
- Short-term course study. This exchange program offers opportunity for students to participate in exchange study (from one week to three months) allowing access to relevant academic knowledge, research, and the development of language skills, along with learning about foreign cultures. The tuition fee is exempted as the universities involved are partners who have signed academic cooperation agreements. In addition, some universities provide scholarship to TNI students as well.
(2) Long-term Exchange Program (4 months to 1 year period)
TNI’s undergraduate students in their 3rd and 4th year can apply to study in a partner university in Japan for four months up to one year. Under some programs, courses are conducted in English along with Japanese, while some are available only in Japanese. Available fields of study are assigned by the partner university in Japan. Tuition fee is exempted and students also have the chance to apply for scholarships from JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization). Partner universities will propose the names of students who are qualified to receive these scholarships.
Both undergraduate and graduate students can apply to be research students in the research laboratories of partner universities. Such student shall be exempted from paying tuition fees.
(3) Study Tour / Overseas Trip
TNI offers programs for undergraduate and graduate level to take study tours and overseas trips. TNI, partner universities and/or Japanese organizations shall be the organizer and invite students to participate in different topics every year. Sponsorship may be provided on whole or partial terms.
2.2 Programs initiated by TNI for exchange students from partner universities.
(1) TNI Summer Program is a 12-day program for Japanese students to participate in activities with TNI students, as well as to exchange understanding of each country’s culture.
(2) TNI Spring Program is a 12-day program for Japanese students, ASEAN students, as well as students from other countries to take part in an interactive program that provides a cross-culture learning experience, which challenges students to deal with complexities they may encounter in their lives.
(3) Co-operative Education and Internship Program accepts Japanese students from partner universities to join in co-operative education and also internships at Japanese companies in Thailand. TNI assists in all procedures and provides Thai language classes to prepare Japanese students before attending the program.
(4) Study Tour Program is an exchange program that hosts activities between TNI and partner universities.
(5) Robotic Workshop/ PBL Workshop Program is an exchange program designed to jointly learn and complete assigned activities together.
(6) Research Student Program is where TNI accepts exchange students from partner universities to study in our research laboratory.
(7) Long-term Exchange Program (six months – one year) is an exchange program that accepts students from partner universities to study in the same classes as TNI students.
Currently, TNI has several cooperative MOUs/Agreements, with institutions listed below:
|1||Aomori Chuo Gakuin University||http://www.aomoricgu.ac.jp/|
|3||Baiko Gakuin University||http://www.baiko.ac.jp/university/|
|4||Chiba Institute of Technology||http://www.it-chiba.ac.jp/english/|
|7||Darma Persada University (UNSADA), Indonesia||http://www.unsada.ac.id/|
|8||Eastern University, Bangladesh||http://www.easternuni.edu.bd/|
|9||Fukuoka Institute of Technology||https://www.fit.ac.jp/en/|
|10||Graduate Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies||http://mba-en.jigyo.ac.jp/en/|
|14||Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam||http://www.hcmut.edu.vn/en|
|15||Hokkaido Information University||http://www.do-johodai.ac.jp/english/|
|17||Institute of Technologists||http://www.iot.ac.jp/english/|
|18||Joinus English Language Academe, Inc. (Philinter Education Center)||http://philinter.com/en/|
|22||Kake Educational Institution||http://www.kake.ac.jp/|
|23||Kanazawa Institute of Technology||http://www.kanazawa-it.ac.jp/|
|25||Kochi University of Technology||http://www.kochi-tech.ac.jp/|
|28||Laos-Japan Human Resource Development Institute of National University of Laos||http://www.lpu.edu.ph/|
|29||Lyceum of the Philippines University||http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/|
|31||Muroran Institute of Technology||http://www.nagaokaut.ac.jp/j/index.html|
|32||Nagaoka University of Technology||http://www.nitech.ac.jp/|
|33||Nagoya Institute of Technology||http://www.nict.go.jp/en/about/index.html|
|34||National Institute of Technology, Japan||http://www.kosen-k.go.jp/index.html|
|35||National Institute of Technology, Kagawa College||http://www.kagawa-nct.ac.jp/|
|36||National Institute of Technology, Nagano College||http://www.nagano-nct.ac.jp/english/|
|37||National Institute of Technology, Nagaoka College||http://www.nagaoka-ct.ac.jp/kousen_e/international/|
|38||National Institute of Technology, Tsuruoka College||http://www.tsuruoka-nct.ac.jp/en/|
|40||Osaka Institute of Technology / Setsunan University||http://www.oit.ac.jp/english/|
|41||Osaka Prefecture University||http://www.osakafu-u.ac.jp/english/|
|42||Osaka University, Graduate School of Engineering Science / School of Engineering Science||http://www.es.osaka-u.ac.jp/en/index.html|
|43||Ritsumeikan University /Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University||http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/|
|44||Salesian Polytechnic, Japan||http://www.salesio-sp.ac.jp/global/|
|45||Shibaura Institute of Technology||http://www.shibaura-it.ac.jp/en/|
|49||The Overseas Human Resources and Industry Development Association (HIDA)||http://www.hidajapan.or.jp/hida/en/|
|50||Tohoku Gakuin University||http://www.tohoku-gakuin.ac.jp/en/|
|51||Tohoku Institute of Technology||http://www.econ.tohoku.ac.jp/econ/graduate/|
|53||Tohoku University, Graduate School of Economics and Management||http://www.econ.tohoku.ac.jp/econ/english/index.html|
|54||Tohoku University, Graduate School of Engineering||http://www.eng.tohoku.ac.jp/english/|
|56||Tokyo Denki University||http://www.sie.dendai.ac.jp/en/|
|57||Tokyo Keizai University||http://www.tku.ac.jp/|
|58||Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Technology Research Institute||https://www.iri-tokyo.jp/site/english/|
|59||Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology||http://old-www.tuat.ac.jp/en/|
|61||Toyohashi University of Technology||https://www.tut.ac.jp/english|
|62||Toyota Technological Institute||http://www.toyota-ti.ac.jp/english/|
|63||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia||http://www.utm.my/|
|64||University of Miyazaki||https://www.miyazaki-u.ac.jp/english/|
|66||Yokohama National University, The College of Business Administration||http://www.ynu.ac.jp/english/|